International Business Consultants
This section sets out the policies Epicentre Ventures adheres to when working on initiatives and projects with clients and external stakeholders.
The following Anti Bribery Policy applies to all initiatives that Epicentre Ventures is retained on or promotes.
- Defining Bribery: Bribery is the direct or indirect giving of offers, promises, or payments of cash, gifts or any other inducements of value not permitted or required under local law to a Government Official and those associated with a Government Official in order to obtain or retain an advantage in business (“Improper Payments”).
- Bribery is Prohibited: Anti-corruption laws in Canada and the United States prohibit the giving, offering or the agreement to give or offer Improper Payments. Accordingly
- all personnel and agents of Epicentre Ventures are prohibited from giving, offering or agreeing to give or offer Improper Payments; and
- all those associated with Epicentre Ventures and advancing its interests are strongly discouraged from giving, offering or agreeing to give or offer Improper Payments.
- Accurate Accounting Records: Epicentre Ventures will correctly record all financial transactions along with an accurate description of each transaction in its accounting records. Epicentre Ventures will take all necessary steps to ensure there is a reasonable relationship between the substance of a transaction and how it is described in the Company’s Accounting Records.
- Audit: Epicentre Ventures may conduct periodic audits of each initiative to ensure compliance with this Policy.
- Consequences of Breach: Epicentre Ventures will take disciplinary action against any personnel or agent who
- breaches the terms of this Policy;
- has direct knowledge of potential violations of this Policy but fails to report such potential violations to Epicentre Ventures; or
- misleads or hinders investigators inquiring into potential violations of this Policy.
- Definition: Personal information is
- information you give us such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- information automatically sent to Epicentre Ventures by your web browser (such as your domain name and your numerical IP address) as well as information as to how you browse our site (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request)
- When is Personal Information Collected: Epicentre Ventures collects Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it by using our Site or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, Epicentre Ventures may collect Personal Information when you:
- Contact us through email, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
- Register for a service we provide; or
- Register to receive our newsletter
- Limits of Use: Epicentre Ventures may use Personal Information we collect for the purposes for which it was collected or for other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent. Epicentre Ventures is expressly allowed to use your Personal Information to:
- respond to your inquiries;
- supply you with requested products or services;
- send you informational or promotional communications;
- to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; or
- to carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
- Third Parties: Epicentre Ventures may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to assist us with carrying out the purposes for which your Personal Information was collected or for other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
- How your Personal Information is Secured: The security of your Personal Information is important to Epicentre Ventures. Epicentre Ventures protects your Personal Information by
- maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information.
- only providing access to your Personal Information to
- personnel of Epicentre Ventures who require access to your Personnel Information to provide you with services
- third parties who you have allowed Epicentre Ventures to share your Personnel Information; and
- law enforcement authorities where we are legally obliged to do so.
- retaining Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements and destroying Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
- Where is Personal Information Stored: Personal information collected by Epicentre Ventures is stored and processed in Canada and North America. This information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in these jurisdictions.
- Law Enforcement: Epicentre Ventures may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement authorities if we are legally obliged to do so.